Saturday 14 July 2012

Fabric on my card!

Hello there, Welcome here and to Saturday and my post for the Craft Barn! This week we have been using fabric, it's been great seeing all the different takes on this idea on our blog. This is my interpretation
 I used the fabric all around the edge and also a small square to stamp onto. The fabric had a pinked edge I wanted the pinking to show at the edge of the canvas. My pinking shears are blunt so I had to use 4 of the pieces of fabric from the pack but just managed to get around before I ran out:0)
 Stamping onto fabric is the same as stamping onto card really but I used Stazon just in case, I didn't want it to lift in the sun, or the design to spread. The beads are sewn on, a very rare occurance on this blog LOL I was pleased how they jangled and swung. The fabric was easy to distress/fray at the edges to give texture on the panel.
 Thank you for stopping by to check it out, have a great weekend, Gay xx

 Our special offer this week at the Craft Barn
10% off Fabric
Just type
FABRIC
in the offer code box as you go through checkout!
I used
Fabric 26 Rose bouquet
Paper Artsy stamps, Lynn Perrella Collection
Chunky Canvas 

p.s Don't forget it's ..................................................

FREE POSTAGE WEEKEND
It's Friday 13th this week (cue Twilight Zone music lol) so we thought you deserved a treat! 
From 6pm on Thursday (12th) until 9am on Monday (16th) it's
free postage on all UK orders
all destinations outside the UK it's free postage on orders over £30.

19 comments:

Marina said...

What a lot of lovely detail there is on this!

Paula Whittaker said...

great project...nice use of the fabric.

Evil Edna said...

I saw this and I just went oooooh, it is beautiful, inventive and invonative. If I were near you I would be flapping my hands with enuthasism. so have a virutal hand flap!EE

Karin said...

Love it, the contrazt between the softcolors and the black is gorgeous!

Doreen said...

Love your interpretation Gay,love the stamp and the use of the canvas,xxx

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous canvas Gay, I love your dangly bits! xx

Sarn said...

Ooh . . . what a pretty floral/feminine canvas. Very CAS too. Great job.

Perfect Crafting Weather here . . . have a great weekend.

Hugs
Sarn xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece! Valerie

Suzi B said...

So pretty Gay... I fancy some of that fabric!
suzi b x

Anne said...

This is soooo pretty Gay! I love the way you have chosen the image to go with the fabric and the beads just set it all off beautifully! Another stunner from the master!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful and so unusual Gay, love the texture under the stamping and the white spaces really make the design pop! Chrissie would be proud of those white spaces :-)
Val x

Sasha said...

Lots of lovely texture again, Gay. Beautiful stamping and I love the fabric you used x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful, love your use of fabric which works fantastically with that image. Tracy x

hazel said...

A beautiful creation Gay, I love the fabric that you used.
xxx Hazel.

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I've tried to use fabric in my projects but have never managed to pull it off. Perhaps stazon is the key? Have a happy day hun, Jo x

Unknown said...

So pretty my friend, I just love it..

Hugs~

Hettie said...

Wow! Gay this is gorgeous. Absolutely love it.xx

Michelle said...

Utterly gorgeous Gay, What a fabulous way to use the fabric. Gonna pop over to the CB Blog to see how you coloured your fabric image without it bleeding
x Michelle

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love that, design and image are beautiful and perfect together, love the fantastic color combination too.
Hugs Anja